OpenLR™ - Open, Compact and Royalty-free Dynamic Location Referencing
Welcome to the website of the OpenLR™ project.
OpenLR™ is an open source software project launched by TomTom
International B.V. in September 2009. This project provides a
royalty-free dynamic location referencing method which enables reliable
data exchange and cross-referencing using digital maps of different
vendors and versions. OpenLR™ will help to enhance existing
applications and will generate opportunities for new services.
Since OpenLR™ is open source everyone is invited to contribute to and to enhance the exististing solution. This website offers a reference implementation of the OpenLR method and also provides a complete documentation in terms of software documentation and a technical whitepaper. A detailed presentation on OpenLR™ also addresses both, technical and business issues.
Additonally you can subscribe for free to our OpenLR™ newsletter if you want to get the latest news, changes and announcements. A FAQ (frequently asked questions) section shall answer common questions but feel free to contact us directly if you have further questions or remarks.
- Release of OpenLR version 1.4.0
- Release of OpenLR tools MapViewer and OTK version 1.4.0
- Publication of new command line toolkit OTK.
- Publication of an errata for the white paper version 1.5
- Publication of an updated white paper version 1.5
- Release of new software packages (version 1.3.0)
- Publication of an updated white paper version 1.4
- Release of new software packages (version 1.2.2)
- Publication of an area location proposal and call for comments
- OpenLR™ software implementation version 1.2.1 released. This version provides a new physical format datex2 which supports the Datex II protocol. Additionally a new Physical Format converter tool converts one physical format into another. An updated version of the Map Viewer tool has been released with functional updates and point location support.
- OpenLR™ software implementation version 1.2.0 released. This version adds point location support and corresponds to the white paper version 1.3.
- New white paper version 1.3 released. OpenLR™ now supports point locations and better offsets.
- The command line interface tool is available in version 1.1.1 fixing a bug with an invalid binary location reference.
- The command line interface tool and the map access tool from TomTom are now also available as packages including all required 3rd party libraries.
- Call for comments on changes for point location support and better offsets
- White paper version 1.2
- OpenLR™ software reference implementation version 1.1.0
- New packages: Data and XML
- New tool MapViewer draw maps based on the OpenLR map interface and provides encoding and decoding
- White paper version 1.1